Control Expert Simple/Stupid Question

MarkTTU

Lifetime Supporting Member
Been working with PLCs for a couple of decades, but almost 100% DirectLogic. Have a customer who wanted me to make a couple of simple changes to a program in a M340.

In the 340 is there an "off bit" like DirectLogic's SP2 bit?

There are a couple of rungs of code I don't want to just wholesale delete, but I need to disable. In a DL I'd just pop a SP2 bit in the rung and be done. Not sure if such a thing exists in the Schneider world though.

Do not know about that platform, but you can always create an always true bit, and use the invert of that in you logic. Used to use that sort of thing back in the '80's, in the TI plcs.

In ladder, if not C100 or C100, then C100. (make this one of the first rungs in the program.)

In your rung you want to disable, add a NOT C100 bit.

Ya... creating my own bit is probably what I'll wind up doing. Was just hoping someone familiar with the M340 would see this and tell me there's a "proper" way to do it.

Thanks guys!