Siemens LOGO PLC

Jiri Toman

I may have to incorporate Siemens LOGO controls into an SLC500 based system. I would like to know if any one of you have been exposed to
LOGO and what you think of it.
It seems that the LOGO system may need to communicate with the SLC500
(5/03,5/04 or 5/05 it's my choice). Any ideas on the communication
issue?

Thanks in advance

I hooked a Logo up to a Micrologix 1000, as all I needed was the RTC part of it.
As far as I know, you will have to use discrete IO to hook them up - there is no convenient compatible commsport/channel/hookup to link them.

Hello jiri,
I have just recently installed my first LOGO. I found it easy to program using the software, but programming is limited to 56 function blocks, so it doesn't take much to use up the resorces of the module.
In my opinion, LOGO is more of a programmable relay than PLC and there is no way that I have found for it to communicate with other PLC equipment (not to say it can't).
If you have a small stand alone machine and want to replace a bunch of relays and timer, I think it's a great low cost alternative.

Daryl

What does your LOGO currently do that the SLC can't?

I would take the logic from the LOGO and add it to the SLC, Sell the LOGO and get extra I/O for the SLC.

Of course this is if you have the room to expand......

an idea....

if your logo is the version 3 o newer you can to conect to this an expansion comunication module for asi-bus and a master comunication
module for the free slots of yor plc, i think that comunication are transparent..but ..the comuniocation of the data are limitated to 4 input and 4 output points for each logo, and the master can suport 32 or 31 slaves ( i don't remenber)...this solution is basted in a module that exixt from the Modicon telemecanique TSX37-57 series plc's
and i don't know but i think that this module exist from the allen bradley PLC's

if can i help you send me a email to [email protected]

I agree there should be no LOGO

Vetteboy,
I agree that the LOGO is not needed, unfortunatelly it's the customer who seems to think that it's the way to go. I will try to persuade him
to drop it from the spec. In fact I am pushing for a Logic5000 based
system.

HDR,
I will look at the ASI-bus option. Thx.

Thank you all for your feedback.

logo application examples

wwtptech said:
Hello jiri,
I have just recently installed my first LOGO. I found it easy to program using the software, but programming is limited to 56 function blocks, so it doesn't take much to use up the resorces of the module.
In my opinion, LOGO is more of a programmable relay than PLC and there is no way that I have found for it to communicate with other PLC equipment (not to say it can't).
If you have a small stand alone machine and want to replace a bunch of relays and timer, I think it's a great low cost alternative.

Daryl

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://support.automation.siemens.c...iew/en/24786764

https://www.automation.siemens.com/...tml?HTTPS=REDIR

Hello guys does anyone mind giving me a short tutorial ?
The links above are for the siemens website application examples for the logo 12/24Rc
Of interest to me is the program example for
1)*Heating Control*
2)And scaling of 4-20mA sensor
3)Storing Analog min max values

I dont understand what the symbols used in the FBD mean and what they are doing there .
If you can spare the time I would appreciate it.

Regards

Wayne

The only communication options for Logo are AS-Interface (4 in and 4 out) and Instabus.

As for the 56 steps, you're obviously in an old Logo. Perhaps the -0BA3??? The current (-0BA5) units support much larger programs and have a better assortment of commands.