GE Fanuc 90-30 Support Software

Tomm

I just inherited a GE Fanuc 90-30 with several modules and the promise of additional modules soon.

I am a programmer and system engineer but have no experience with the 90-30. I would like to use it as a self-trainer.

The question: Is there some public software that I can use to talk to the 90-30, or is there a language reference available that I could use to talk to it at the serial terminal level?

Any help or recommendations appreciated. :cool:

Tom McMurtrey

If you have a computer that can reliably run DOS applications that use the COM port, you can get a working copy of Logicmaster 90-30 software here:

http://www.gefanuc.com/support/plc/f-lm90.htm

The programming port on the PLC is RS485, so you'll need a RS232/RS485 converter to connect to your computer's COM port. Your local GE Fanuc distributor should have one for a little over $100.
The part number is HE693SNPCBL. They might also have the same thing as part number IC690ACC901, but they tend to charge more for that number.

If you have a good relationship with your distributor, he might be willing to give you a CD with VersaPro software. This is a Windows application. You can install it and run without having to license it for a four-day trial period. During the trial period, it is fully functional. At the end of four days, you need to uninstall and then reinstall to get an additional four day trial period. You won't lose any of your work when you uninstall/reinstall.

GE Fanuc 90-30 Programming

An alternative would be to contact your nearest distributor and get the lateset Demo CD for either VersaPro or Cimplicity ME software. Cimplicity ME is the latest. When you install this it will work without constraints for four days. After this you can either work off-line or re-install for another four days.

The VersaPro CD also contains the DOS based LogicMaster Software.

Have Fun.