Altivar 630 VFD Modbus Registers

Once I find the correct register to modify
The “Frequency Setpoint”

How would I input this into Wonderware?
Normally to read a register in Wonderware
I would put a (4) I front of the register
For example: 43012.

To change a Setpoint would I still put a (4) in front
Of the Read/Write register in Wonderware?

Thanks

Once I find the correct register to modify
The “Frequency Setpoint”

How would I input this into Wonderware?
Normally to read a register in Wonderware
I would put a (4) I front of the register
For example: 43012.

To change a Setpoint would I still put a (4) in front
Of the Read/Write register in Wonderware?

Thanks

Do you mean Wonderware Intouch? If yes I have setting as image below.

Wonderware_Modbus_01.jpg

OK I think I have it narrow down to were Wonderware doesn't
like registers that are in the 1200X range.

I can read all the other registers just fine and I also can read the 12004 registers with a Modbus reader fine. Here is a screenshot of the Modbus read of that register.

For example when I try to read Modbus register 12004 in Wonderware and include the offset. I don't read anything.

Is there a way to read these type registers in Wonderware?
It appears any register that starts with a (1) and has a length of 5 bits I cant read.

The driver in Wonderware that I'm using is:
- DASMBTCP
- ModbusBridge
- Compact984
- Register Size - 6 (digits)

Here is the "Motor Speed" register from the ATV600 manual
Code - SPD
Name - Motor Speed
Logic Address - 12004

Thanks for the help

I'm curious about the Wonderware screen shot.

What action is being taken with the setup as shown?

1. It appears that tag AO0 is being read from Modbus Register (4)00001. Is that correct?

2. So what changes to the screen are needed to execute a write action (Modbus Function code 10hex or 16 decimal), the data value to be written and the destination tag or Modbus address?

For example when I try to read Modbus register 12004 in Wonderware and include the offset. I don't read anything.
It would help if you show what you do in Wonderware that doesn't work.

I don't do Wonderware so this speculative on my part, but it would be my approach:

It appears that the Holding Registers are 6 digit register addresses (4)xxxxx as evidenced by the
Modpoll screenshot of getting data at (4)12005.

Try reading Register (4)12005 with 4X:12004 or 4X:12005 and see what you get.

Modbus was always capable of 64k register addresses that requires what was called 6 digit addressing: (4)xxxxx. But due to memory (and perceived practical) limitations the older 4 digit addressing (4)xxxx [limited to an upper range of (4)9999] was predominant until most master/clients updated to 6 digit addressing well over a decade ago. OPC largely drove the update. Any chance you're using a decade old version of Wonderware?

Currently many device manuals instead of indicating the right Modbus address as 4xxxx or 4xxxxx for addresses of 5 or 6 digits, only indicate an offset, in this case you have to add 40001 or 400001 to the offset to obtain the Modbus address.