ET200SP faults out instantly when I plug it in with a Siemens 1211C

Derman0524

So i've been at this for a couple days now and it's infuriating.

I have a Siemens 1211C working with TIA v13 and I'm trying to connect an ET200SP with an input and output card but when I can't get the error lights to go off from the ET200SP and the 1211. If i unplug the ET200SP from the 1200, the lights all go green.

When I look at my online diagnostics for each card, I get a message saying 'input/output module not available. Parameter assignment error: Check the version of the module or check the concurrent use of the module'

Any help would be amazing. I have everything connected in network and topology view. I can ping the ET200SP. I can go online but can't get the input and output cards to do anything. Help pls!!

So i've been at this for a couple days now and it's infuriating.

I have a Siemens 1211C working with TIA v13 and I'm trying to connect an ET200SP with an input and output card but when I can't get the error lights to go off from the ET200SP and the 1211. If i unplug the ET200SP from the 1200, the lights all go green.

When I look at my online diagnostics for each card, I get a message saying 'input/output module not available. Parameter assignment error: Check the version of the module or check the concurrent use of the module'

Any help would be amazing. I have everything connected in network and topology view. I can ping the ET200SP. I can go online but can't get the input and output cards to do anything. Help pls!!

Your attachment didn't come through.

1) Have you called Siemens tech support yet? They're usually pretty good at sorting out issues like this. You don't need a support contract to call in.

2) It sounds like the what you have configured doesn't match what is actually there. Could be the wrong part number (there are a bunch of similar IO modules), or it could be that the firmware is configured to be more recent than what is actually in the unit. Could be errors on all the modules, or possibly just on the IM.

Agree with that mk42 said.

Perhaps try recompiling and downloading to everything hardware/software and see if that does it. Sometimes there can be strange issues related to that.

Also as MK42 said, they are usually pretty quick(hour or so) to respond, and they can usually help you fix whatever it is pretty quick. Its also never cost me anything to consult them.

Do you have mounted the server module at the end of the ET200sp rack?
I remember such strange behaviour when the card is missing, it contains some terminating resistors for the backplane bus.

Do you have mounted the server module at the end of the ET200sp rack?
I remember such strange behaviour when the card is missing, it contains some terminating resistors for the backplane bus.

Ya I have the server module added. Here's the attachment that was supposed to go through but I'll get in touch with Siemens support. I feel like it has something to do with the wrong part number or firmware but thanks for your help guys!