HC900 Control Station popup program

usfscooter

I haven't done any programming for a HC900 Control Station before. I was wondering if there was a way to generate a popup display from a bit in the PLC instead of requiring a button press on the screen. Below is what I currently have setup that doesn't work.

Prototype: void Internal.Batch.UserSetup.DeviationPopup(void)

if (CDE.DigitalSignals.DEVIATION_POPUP.Out == TRUE)
ShowPopup(Internal.UserDisplays.HOA_Reset);

I want a popup to display when the process deviation has occurred.

Thanks

I haven't done any programming for a HC900 Control Station before. I was wondering if there was a way to generate a popup display from a bit in the PLC instead of requiring a button press on the screen. Below is what I currently have setup that doesn't work.

Prototype: void Internal.Batch.UserSetup.DeviationPopup(void)

if (CDE.DigitalSignals.DEVIATION_POPUP.Out == TRUE)
ShowPopup(Internal.UserDisplays.HOA_Reset);

I want a popup to display when the process deviation has occurred.

Thanks

The Control Station is an OEM version of the Redlion G3XX display family.

Since it uses an imported tag database from the HC900 I would recommend a two step process.

1. Create a Flag Tag and name it anything that makes sense to you (note- don't create it under any of the folders that the Import Function creates. I suggest you create a folder for any tags that you manually create.)
Once the tag is created, find CDE.DigitalSignals.DEVIATION_POPUP.Out in the Right-hand Resource Pane and drag it into the Source Field of the Tag you just created.
The purpose for this is that if you re-import the HC900 configuration, it might overwrite the changes you make in step 2. What we are doing here will duplicate the CDE tag and it will re-link the next time you import.

2. Go to the Triggers Tab of the Flag Tag you created and linked to DEVIATION_POPUP and change the Trigger to Active On. Under Action, type ShowPopup(Internal.UserDisplays.HOA_Reset)

This should accomplish what you want.