Productivity PLC: Read csv from uSD card?

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there any way to read a CSV file from the uSD card on a Productivity PLC? I would like to have a config file for the end user (Non Controls guy) to beable to set certain variables on the PLC.

I don't think so; the microSD interface is a faceplate in the software for data logging and possible program transfer. The logistics of being able to parse the file and making sure the CSV data is valid would be difficult. Does SCADA or an HMI exist? PVplus can access a network file storage device and read data.

Setting aside common practice, they could plug a laptop into the ethernet port and run a python program you will have to write. Use the productivity "Custom Protocol In (CPI) Instruction" and write a python program using sockets. Python would read the file and send the data over your protocol. Or read the CSV file and send data over Modbus TCP with the help of this modbus library. Search gitHub and pypi, they have the most common protocols implemented in python, even in EtherNet/IP.

py2exe will convert a python program into an executable .exe

Last edited: