Microloxix download?

junior

I just bought a micrologix 1500 and I wanted to download a program into it through comm port 0 (the one on the processor), but I couldn't connect. I had no problems then connecting through comm port 1 on the side which is a 9 pin serial port. Did something change with the micrologix 1500's? I installed a program into one about 6 months ago and I went through the comm port 0 on the processor? Is there some set up I'm missing?

JR.

Rest assured, there is nothing changed in MicroLogix 1500 within past 6 months specially the communication part.

Either the communication cable is faulty or the firmware is an old one.

Are you able to configure driver in RSLinx. If not please check with your cable specs.

Once configured you will be able to see MicroLogix in RSLinx, then you can check if the firmware is an old one or a new one.

The first step is to get it configured into RSlinx over DF1 RS232 driver.