Add On Instruction to replace JSR

chavak

I remember reading Add on featue in RSLogix5000 V16 can be used to replace JSR.

My current project is using Control Logix 1756-L61. And I have my program break down to many routines to organise it well. Currently I am using JSR to scan the routines using JSR from the main routine.

Please guide me how to use AOI to replace JSR.

Thankyou
Best Regards

AOI can be used effectively when similar logix is repeating for number of times & also special purpose like scp

Ex:- motor logic, Runhour logic

chavak said:
I remember reading Add on featue in RSLogix5000 V16 can be used to replace JSR.

First, AOI is not a replacement for JSR. It can be used to build up blocks that are used as instructions.

If you want to convert your JSR to AOI, a little of rework has to be done.

• Decide what are your parameters (that are required to interface to external logic).
  • Define Parameters and Local tags in the tab for AOI.
  • Copy the logic from the routine and paste it into the AOI routine.
  • Remember to document each tag for future reference.
  • In case you face problem in building up a AOI please refer to publication no 1756-PM010. It talks about designing and using a AOI