RSLOGIX5 Down loading problem

intizarqasar

I have PLC5 and previously use AI software for communication. Now I buy the RSLOGIX5 r7.1. I connect and upload file from PLC by using RSLOGIX5 r7.1 and when I down load file in to PLC it download with out any warning but PLC did not communicate with its control network, After that down load backup file with AI software and its working fine. Any one has solution.

Is this a PLC-5C ControlNet processor ? If it is, you probably need to reschedule the ControlNet network with RSNetworx for ControlNet software.

You probably changed something in the PLC-5 program after uploading it in RSLogix 5 that changed the ControlNet schedule configuration. The AI-5 download worked because you put the network signature back to its original state.

Post more about your controller type and what you mean by "did not communicate with its control network".

Yes it is PLC5-40C and I added one more rung in program. After down loading PLC did not responed to input/out put card vibration monitor and panel view.Please suggest the solution.

Last edited:
Hi
We just got the RSLogix 5, to help us to troubleshoot our equipment. We were able to install the software, connect to our PLCs (PLC 5), go online and upload the program, but we can see the ladder program but we cannot see the comments for rungs and instructions.
We activate the option for see comments but nothing
what do we need to do to be able to see the comments?
are we missing something?
Thanks

Comments and descriptions are not held in the PLC, only in the offline file (.RSP). Do you have the original offline file? If not your SOL.

Edit: OkiePC types faster then I do.

Greetings jorge17 ...

and welcome to the forum ...

first question: what did you use BEFORE you got RSLogix5?

answer (a) nothing ... we never connected to the PLC before ...

answer (b) AI software ...

answer (c) other ???

here’s what’s probably going on ... the comments that you’re looking for are NEVER stored inside the PLC processor ... instead they are stored in a file on your computer’s hard drive ...

so if your answer was (a) then you need to find the person who originally programmed the PLC and see if they will give you a copy of the file ... it normally ends with RSP ... for example: JORGE.RSP ... if you can get that file, put a copy of it in your RSLogix5 “default” directory - and then try to go online again ... cross your fingers for luck (sometimes that helps) ... the default directory is USUALLY something like this:

C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5 English\Project\

if your answer was (b) then you need to put SEVERAL files in the same directory and try going online ... these files will be the ones that AI software saved the last time the program was saved ... they all have the same FIRST name - but different extensions ... for example: JORGE.B1$ and JORGE.P1$ and so on ...

if the comments STILL don’t automatically open up, try this next step ... go to the main (top) menu of RSLogix5 and click on Tools - Database - Native Import ... then set the popup to look like this ...

import.JPG

if that doesn’t do it, please post again and someone else will try to help you ... we’ll probably need more information - such as what files you have available ...

good luck ...

PS Edit ... Okie and Mickey are BOTH faster than I am ... but the picture slowed me down ...

Last edited:
Thanks all of you for your answer.
Using RSLogix 5 with a PLC 5
I'm a industrial mechanic, we don't do programming.
We are trying to use the RSlogix to monitor faults in our OEM Machines.
We want to see the comments because we think, they will help us to identify and understand possible faults more easily.
This is the first time we connect to the PLC.
We upload the ladder program to our PC from the PLC.
and now we have a file saved in our PC, we can se the ladder program in our pc when we are offline. This the only file we have, so, we don't have any original program from the OEM.

quote to OkiePC
"You will have to create them from other documentation, or restore them from an offline file."

Is it possible to restore them from the file we save from our PLC?
Thanks

No! As stated above the PLC does not store that stuff. Sorry.
Do you have electrical drawings? It might be a place to start if you do.

Last edited:
the comments that you’re looking for are NEVER stored inside the PLC processor ...

have you asked the OEM for a copy of the RSP file? ... if you're a good customer, they might just email you a copy ...

edit ... just a WILD! thought ... is there ANY possibility that the OEM left a "backup copy" of the program lying around in the plant? ... sometimes they stick a floppy in the documentation pocket in the front of the enclosure ... sometimes it's in a desk drawer ... look for anything that ends with RSP ... you might already have what you need ...

Last edited: