Software compatibility - SIEMENS

dbozic

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

Just to be sure everything should be ok, if anyone can confirm the following:

On the central PC there is PC with CP5611 Profibus card connected to the s7-300 CPU with one ET200 module.
This PC is for data acquisition and is used for reporting.
PC software is WinCC V7.3 (i need to check this), and existing program is made in Simatic Manager (step 7).

I would need to connect one more system which would be connected to the existing topology and also fetch data from CPU over PLC. This system would be programmed in TIA Portal V13 as it uses Comfort panels.

Would there be any problems with existing configuration? I have not worked in WINCC V7.3 (only in Flexible) so I am not sure about the setup.
Also should I need to put the new PLC in network topology of the old PLC(made in SIMATIC manager)as they would not be communicating? Because I do not have program of this system.
My plan is extend Profibus from existing cabinet where this PLC is to the new cabinet.

If anyone can help?

You must make sure that all partners are included in the HW configuration of the S7-300 PLC. This so that the Profibus bus parameters also takes the HMIs into account.
Since your Comfort Panel is programmed in TIA, and the S7-300 is probably programmed in STEP7 classic, the easiest can be to add a dummy operator panel in the STEP7 classic project.

Is the Profibus connected to the S7-300 used only for HMI, or for HMI and IO (ET200M ? ET200S ?).
If the profibus bus parameters are wrong, the problem with the HMIs may be that they respond erratically. For the IO wrong bus parameters are more serious. You can get a bus fault that will mean that the IO will not function.

edit: I just notice that you write comfort panels. If you have many panels, you may be better off by going over ethernet. If the S7-300 does not have ethernet, you should consider to replace it for one with ethernet on-board.

Last edited:

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, all communication is over PROFIBUS.
One el. cabinet has S7-315 PN/DP connected to the MP377 panel and ET200 over PROFIBUS. This is currently connected to the CP5611 card to the PC for trending purpose.
Second cabinet has CPU317 (only DP) which will be connected to the TP1200 Comfort panel. This I should integrate in existing PC.
I thought simply connecting the PROFIBUS from first cabinet to the second(as they are very close).
As I newer had any work in WINCC v7 and never had this type of connection I am curious is this ok?
For the bus parameters is it good to use automatic calculation of bus parameters?