TIA Portal Wincc alarm logging question

dbozic

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I am working on the process event list and I am using the alarm log for showing event information. When triggering a bit in word I output process text which is showed on the alarm view and the log file.
My problem is that I am getting double texts in the alarm view and log file. The process text is displayed when it appears (status active) and with automatic acknowledgment it appears again in the list (status inactive). Very often it creates confusion.
Does anyone have solution how to display only alarms with status=active on alarmlist/logfile or some other solution?

Thanks!

I find my customer like that so they know when the alarm triggered and also reset

My alarm history from wincc flexible shows triggered,acknowledged and alarm conditions removed hut has a tell tale indicator (C A or D to differentiate. Came, Acknowledged, Dismissed)

I agree with cjd, that it is not confusing, it is a sensible feature to distinguish between triggered, acknowledged and cleared.
The alarm log is normally not used by the operators that are operating the machine for production. They can look at the alarm view that only displays the alarms that are active, thus no double entries.

Hi, thanks for the reply!

I do not mind the second entry when the status goes to 0, but is there a way I can change the text so that it is different from when the status was 1?
Thanks!