MODBUS RS-485 Multidrop and Micro 830

MATT116

Customer has a Micro 830 (2080-LC30-16AWB) and a Panel View component C200 (2711C-K2M). They want to add remote connectivity. I was thinking of using a Netbiter EC350 since it can do MODBUS and setting the up the HMI and PLC for MODBUS. I've never setup a multidrop network before so I'm not exactly sure how to connect the 3 devices together?:confused:

I have used a 1763-NC01 to connect a Micro 1100 to a Netbiter EC350 before but I'm not sure if I can use the NC01 with the 830.

Thanks.

What kind of remote connectivity are they looking for?

Do they want to be able to do program updates or do they just want to read tag values.

I do think the Netbiter EC350 would allow you to read/write modbus addresses, but I don't think you would be able to reprogram PLC or HMI.

Definitely read and control which you can do through the EC350 by setting up screens in the Argos account so that's not a problem. I would assume they want to be able to program the PLC and I was able to do that on the system I setup with the EC350 but I was able to reach the PLC&HMI through the Ethernet port on the EC350.

The Micro830 is a USB port only controller! However, you may be able to find an "Ethernet to USB" adapter that would allow programming.

Yes, I made a mistake, what I meant to say was that the Micro830 is a USB program port only.

It does have a serial port - but you can't program thru that port if it is being used for Modbus.

I don't even know if the serial port can be used for programming or not, but even if you could the EC350 won't be able to do that.