Micrologix 1400 1766-L32BXB SER.A REV.A

AlecTek

Does it have Ethernet port and support Modbus TCP?

I was told Ser. B would support but not A. But not sure where to find the documentation.

Thanks for any help.

Just checked the manual- you need Series B to do Modbus TCP. You can check Rev A's functionality by creating a new offline project for a ML1400 A and seeing if the modbus table exists in the channels tab. It shouldn't be, but switching to B should open up the option.

Last edited:
Does it have Ethernet port and support Modbus TCP?

I was told Ser. B would support but not A. But not sure where to find the documentation.

Thanks for any help.

This is correct. The series A would support Modbus RTU on either serial port, but not Modbus TCP.

Both series A and B Micrologix 1400s have Ethernet and two serial ports.

rupej said:
Just checked the manual- you need Series B to do Modbus TCP. You can check Rev A's functionality by creating a new offline project for a ML1400 A and seeing if the modbus table exists in the channels tab. It shouldn't be, but switching to B should open up the option.

This is mostly correct except you would look on the Channel Configuration tab for Channel 1 to see if there is a tickbox for Modbus TCP present. The tables would appear for Modbus RTU Slave protocol on a serial port.

Channel 0 - serial RS232 or RS-485 round micrologix DIN connector
Channel 1 - Ethernet
Channel 2- RS232 serial port with DB9M connector.

Last edited: