FTView Graphic Import limitations?

phuz

I recently upgraded a PV1400e to PVPlus and the conversion utility was mediocre, at best. It missed a lot more things than I am used to and implemented a "Check and revise..." to many of the expressions as well as adding a "/(10**1)" to many of the numeric displays. Because the Find/Replace built into FTView Studio is borderline useless, I opted to export all of the displays to XML and use Notepad++ to Find/Replace within all my files, which worked GREAT! (Kudos, Notepad++). Unfortunately, upon importing the files back into FTView, the expressions were not updated. I chose "Create new" and "Update existing" and neither worked. So basically the import feature is also useless? Looking for some verification.

Import feature works whenever I've used it, but that's with doing a simple export from one, and importing to another. I've never tried editing with notepad... that may be your issue?

I agree that the find/replace and most modern features are either worthless or non-existent in FactoryTalk.