RSLx5000 System tag in AOI

DairyBoy

I have placed a "S:FS" tag on a rung in an AOI. It compiles ok (which probably answers my question), but I got to wondering whether it will do what it should at power-up in that location, or are system tags universal?

Thanks.

Thanks, jstolaruk. So, first scan of the instruction; not the processor? Would it be the same for a conditionally called subroutine?

I was always lead to believe that the S:FS flag was a global flag, although each program had its own associated S:FS, given that, I would say that the S:FS flag would be initiated as its associated program was scanned.

Steve

Thanks, jstolaruk. So, first scan of the instruction; not the processor? Would it be the same for a conditionally called subroutine?

Yes. It is worthwhile looking into AOI's different scan modes. An AOI's Prescan does execute when the processor starts, so different then s:fs. All of the modes are in Studio 5K's Online Help.

First Scan Flag is set the first time a program is scanned after the program is uninhibited. So, when using multiple programs, each will have a S:FS bit.

The manual does not say that it will reach down into the subroutine level, so I believe "NO", always assumed at the program level only.