Profibus topology with et200

dbozic

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I don't have many experience with ET200S with CPU capabilities so if someone can help with configuration. As I have seen the IM151-7 cpu is a slave. Network topology would consist of 2 field profibus transmitters, a siemens HMI panel and a IM151-7 cpu (et200s cpu). Do I need an additional master module for IM151-7 cpu for this to work and exchange data so that the IM151-7 is the master in the network or is this module unnecessary for this configuration? Sorry if it is basic question but I have never used et200 cpus as the only cpus in the network (I always used s7-300 as masters..)

The 2 field profibus transmitters I assume are Profibus slaves, therefore you would need the Profibus-DP Master module.

(http://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/products/6es7138-4ha00-0ab0/dp-master-interface-for-et200s-cpu?pid=241638&mlfb=6ES7138-4HA00-0AB0&mfn=ps&lc=en-WW

The master module would not be required for the HMI communication, and you could even keep that on the built-in Profibus port, separated from the network with the transmitters.
Thanks alot! I also understood it like that from the manuals but I needed some reassurance. Thanks for that! Yes, transmitters are slaves so I will need the master module.