Studio 5000 Version 31 RSLogix bookmark tool

unsaint32

With Studio5000 Version 31, whenever I try to enable the bookmark (Menu/VIEW/Toolbars/Bookmark Toolbar) by checking the box, it crashes with a fatal alarm. Does anyone know the fix?

this isn't going to help you too much - but just to let you know, my copy of v31.00.00 works fine ... I'm running on Windows 7 Pro - SP1 - on a VMWare virtual machine ...

just for giggles - I'd shut down the software - and maybe even the whole computer - then restart from scratch ... that seems to fix a lot of un-explainable quirks for me ...

Last edited:
I would have suggested to try doing a registry reset, but my guess is that the software probably needed to be reinstalled. Sounds like something got corrupted.

OG

If reinstalling didn't work, then a registry reset may not work either. But give it a try. You have to locate the .exe file for the version you are using. For example here is v28 of Studio 5000:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\Studio 5000\Logix Designer\ENU\v28\Bin
The .exe file would be LogixDesigner.exe.

Here we have RSLogix 5000 version 20:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v20\Bin
The .exe file would be RS5000.exe.

Once you have located the .exe hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys and double-click on the executable. Continue to hold these keys until the software has fully opened.

Once the software has opened, release the keys and then close the software. Then relaunch the executable without holding the keys. The RSLogix/Studio 5000 registry settings are reset to default.

This reset technique is unique to the RSLogix/Studio software.

OG

I try it, but it doesn't work . If I hold down the keys and click on the .exe the software doesn´t open.

I reinstall again, but in other part of the disk. En D:/ .
I found el LogixDesigner.Exe on the part D.

But if I try to open with keys and click doesn´t open.
I don't know whats the problem. I really, really need the bookmarks , it help a lot !!!

I had the exact same issue. After about an hour with tech support, we discovered the issue was caused by having my display set to 125% rather than 100% in the windows 10 display settings. No idea why this would matter, but it fixed the issue for me.

Also having these problem if i open the logix designer directly and try to open the bookmarks it will also crashes