Delete UDT in rslogix5000?

KingPresident

Can't seem to delete some UDTs that are not used and will never be used. Delete is grayed out when right clicked. No members of the data type are used anywhere.

I've had this issue too. Eventually I gave up, renamed the unused ones as "Unused1, Unused2" etc to avoid confusion.

You most certainly can delete unused UDTs.

Make sure it is not referenced anywhere, and that includes SCADA and HMI systems. If it has ever been "on scan" from an external device, the "Delete" will be greyed out...

As a pre-requisite, you first need to delete all tags created with the UDT.

Controller Scoped tags and Program Scoped tags.

If you right-click on the UDT and do a cross-reference, you may find and instance in the project.

Similar Topics

Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but I can't seem to be able to find the right (proper) way to delete a UDT that I no longer need from a program...
Replies
Views
Hello, someone have experience about how to delete an alarm message(alarm already solved) from alarm viewer with something coming from PLC? THANKS
Replies
Views
Hello, someone have experience about how to delete an alarm message(alarm already solved) from alarm viewer with something coming from PLC? THANKS
Replies
Views
In my project, I've set up a few user accounts (Operator, Technician, Admin). The person assigned as Admin has said "I want to be able to...
Replies
Views
In the Communications > Network > Protocol 1 - AB Tag Names > PLC10 configuration page there is a Tag Names section (not the same as the separate...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom