Easybuilder Pro 8000 and Address Tag Library

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
So as mentioned in my earlier thread, I'm trying to map out modbus values from a P2000 PLC from AD. I have all of my related tags set up in arrays of values, and I was hoping to read a range of coils, or read the value to a tag as a word and then pick out the bits I need from there. I've spent a few hours trying to figure this out and I'm a bit stumped.

I'm also not sure how their address column in this editor functions. It seems to give a data type and address, but I'm stumped here and can't seem to find any more detailed documentation on the subject.

I was hoping to avoid individually reading each single coil from the PLC register, as that would be a LOT of reads.

Edit: It is seeming to me that I add each individual coil with the 0x_multi_coil and if they are sequential addresses it will read them that way.

Last edited:
Since I can't edit, it seems that read multi coils instruction reads 16 bits, so when addressing your device and using read multi coil from this HMI, you just set your coils up in increments of 16 bits.