RSLogix5000 - Strange error code

jvdcande

It has been an while since I've had some trainees on RSLogix5000, but now I have some again. Strangly there's an error code popping up I've never seen before. I'm working with RSLogix 5000 V13. When I'm trying to edit a module in the I/O configuration an error code pops up every time. In fact, I'm unable to edit the properties of any I/O module in my configuration. The error code is 8612-0, 'Failed to instantiate Module Profile. InitExisting Failed', but there is no information about it in the help file.

Anyone can shed a light?

Thanks on beforehand,

Question Customer is unable to open the Module Profile properties dialog in RSLogix 5000. There are a few different error dialogs that may be called, including "Failed to Instantiate Module Profile," or one of several .dll errors. In any case the Add-On Profile itself cannot be viewed or edited.

trnsp.gif
Answer First, it is advisable to simply try to reinstall the module profiles. If this does not help, do not uninstall a group or individual profiles, and never run mpsetup.exe to uninstall profiles. Instead, use the following procedure:

1.) Uninstall ALL versions of RSLogix 5000. Remove all the module profiles and configuration when prompted.

2.) Delete Module Profile folders:

• C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\Module Profiles\...
  • C:\Profile Files\RSLogix 5000 Module Profiles\...
3.) Delete the Module Directory files, if remaining on hard drive.

• C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rockwell\ModuleDirectory.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rockwell\ModuleDirectory.xml
4.) Reinstall RSLogix 5000 software. Then install any new Add-On Module Profiles that where not included with RSLogix 5000 software. RSLogix 5000 I/O Modules Add-On-Profiles*

Make sure the module you are trying to use is actually supported in version 13.

And I have heard of DLL errors when the operating system was not supported .. If its Vista or XP home just give up now.

Hello Praveen, during troubleshooting found your old post which is related to my issue with RS Logix 5000. I am seeing my Analog modules in I/O tree as yellow exclamatory Mark (?) Even I can see these modules in RS Linx, but not in RSlogix 5000. I talked with Rockwell support team and they advised to download Add-On for these modules, I downloaded and unzip and found these are .Dat files, when I'm trying to run MP setup a message appeared "To install RSLogix5000 Module Profile, Run Setup.exe found on the media. RSLogix 5000 Setup will uninstall RSLogix5000 Module Profile when they are no longer needed; otherwise to uninstall, run MPSetup.exe foundon the media", So when I'm clicking "OK" it closes. Can you help me to resolve this issue, I'm suffering with this problem since many weeks.
I tried to follow your above instruction, but I couldn't find Module profilei in above said location.

Original Issue...

jvdcande said:
...When I'm trying to edit a module in the I/O configuration an error code pops up every time. In fact, I'm unable to edit the properties of any I/O module in my configuration. The error code is 8612-0, 'Failed to instantiate Module Profile. InitExisting Failed'...

61114 - RSLogix 5000: Failed to Instantiate Module Profile Init Existing Failed There was an unspecified failure Error code: 8612-80004005
Access Level: Everyone

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Hello Praveen, during troubleshooting found your old post which is related to my issue with RS Logix 5000. I am seeing my Analog modules in I/O tree as yellow exclamatory Mark (?) Even I can see these modules in RS Linx, but not in RSlogix 5000. I talked with Rockwell support team and they advised to download Add-On for these modules, I downloaded and unzip and found these are .Dat files, when I'm trying to run MP setup a message appeared "To install RSLogix5000 Module Profile, Run Setup.exe found on the media. RSLogix 5000 Setup will uninstall RSLogix5000 Module Profile when they are no longer needed; otherwise to uninstall, run MPSetup.exe foundon the media", So when I'm clicking "OK" it closes. Can you help me to resolve this issue, I'm suffering with this problem since many weeks.
I tried to follow your above instruction, but I couldn't find Module profilei in above said location.

hi, the same happening to me. logix5000 v20 install failed, i check log installation and the stuck by MPSetup.exe. have you find sollution? :geek: