Mitsubishi FX2N PLC PLSY instruction HELP!

Drc

Hey guys,
I'm working on a machine for a customer using a servo. I'm pulsing the servo using the PLSY instruction. In order to acheive the customer's desired cycle time, I've increased a few of my output pulses to 30,000Hz. The manual states that the allowable frequency range is 2-20,000 Hz for the FX2N. 30,000 seems to work fine but 40,000 did not work at all. Will running at 30,000 Hz damage the secondary processor on the PLC? I believe that there is a 2nd onboard processor just for the PLSY intstruction.

I'm also confused as to why the FX2N has much less functionality than the FX1N. The FX1N series has about 6 different types of pulsing instructions with frequency ranges up to 1 million Hz. The FX2N has 1 pulsing instruction and the stated frequency range is 2-20KHz and you can only use this intsruction once throughout the entire program. Makes no sense to me, the higher end model getting less functionality.

The FX2N is newer than the FX1N. Plus the FX3U is going to have the same specs as the FX2N. The only bonuses the FX3U will have is some serial ports, ethernet, Profibus, embedded motion control commands and better high speed counters. It will have the same reduced functionality as the FX2N.

Do you know if 30,000Hz will be safe for the FX2N?

The FX2n came out first (to replace the FX) then The FX1n came (to replace the FX0n) Although the FX1N is limitied in I/O (128 compared to 256 for FX2N) the FX1N can do 100khz out on Y0 and Y1. If you need more then 20khz and want to keep the FX2n you can get a FX2N-1PG-E special function block that can do 100khz.

40000 is out of 16-bit number. Use 32-bit format of the instruction, that is DPLSY. The instruction parameters will be 32-bit.
And be aware that the instruction may suspend after online edit of the rung. The PLC restart will be required.

FX2N is older than FX1N. Actually, it was described in the same programming manual with FX0/FX0S/FX0N.

Last edited:
I've been using the DPLSY instruction (I have pulse amounts over 200K), but it seems the output Hz are limited to 16bit, even in the 32bit instruction. I'm not sure. I'm still running it at 30K with no problems, so I think I'll be ok. Thanks for you help.