PanelView 1000 Communication Problem

AGENTTINFOIL

Panel view 1000 Cat # 2711-t10c20 connected to a 5/05 1747-l552 Processor. communicating via enet.
I keep getting a screen that comes up on the panelview stating the following. " Communication Interface Alert 16415: arp info overwritten for 0a016432 by 00:e0:62:20:50:b1" What is this? Has anyone ran into this before? I went to the knowledge base to try and download the manual on the panelview and for some reason I keep getting an error on the Rockwell web site. The screen is what I would call intermitten, you can clear the screen by touching it and within a given amount of time the screen returns. when I first ran into the problem I just reuploaded the PBA file and operation returned to normal. The machine still runs but that screen keeps coming back.

There's some kind of address conflict or maybe a forced DHCP Renew going on on the network. The message is telling you that the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) information inside the PanelView's TCP/IP stack is being overwritten by another device. Mostly DHCP servers perform this kind of remote overwrite when forcing devices to renew their IP addresses, but it's possible that another Ethernet device is sending a message that has the same effect.

The first number is an IP address in hex without the dots. The common notation for "0a016432" would be 10.01.100.50. Is that the IP address for the PanelView ?

That MAC ID "00:e0:62:20:50:b1" belongs to a device built by Host Engineering, who make a lot of the networking and other advanced products sold by Automation Direct.

I'd start by investigating any DHCP servers that might be connected to the network, and also checking carefully to be sure you don't have an IP address conflict with an Automation Direct controller.

On reading a little more, this might just be a nuisance error caused by some device unrelated to the PanelView getting it's address changed, which causes the PanelView to have stale ARP data that needs renewing. The TCP/IP stack sends the PanelView terminal an error message but might not need to.

What's your PanelView terminal firmware ?

Does the terminal otherwise get data from it's targets correctly ?

10.1.100.50 is the IP for the Automation Direct plc. An I am not sure what the firmware is, I have not got that deep into it. the IP address for the panel view is10.1.100.51.