RSLogix 500 - OPC question

Sam Yerardi

Hi Guys,

I need to modify an existing application (RSLogix 500 on a Micrologix 1500). The Micrologix is linked ethernet to a PanelView via a NET-ENI module. The customer wants to do some datalogging of various data points as well as provide user control of sample start/stop, sample duration, etc. I have used DDE/OPC topics before to link RSLogix 5000 to Excel but I've never done it with RSLogix 500. And then all I did was link some tags into some cells in Excel. For this app I was thinking about either creating a VB front-end (i.e., a user interface to create off-line Excel spreadsheet files and to guide the customer through the datalogging process) or create an Excel app to do the same thing. I haven't decided yet what would be the best approach. Any suggestions/tips/gotchas would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS