Kinetix 6500 Issue

TAES_Warren

Hello.

New to site and looking forward to interacting. Having an issue with Kinetix servo drives that has me stumped. Has anyone seen a similar issue. Have had problem on 3 separate drives on 2 individual machines with nothing in common but the Ethernet IP network. Here is the scenario I observed on the last issue.

Application is very simple. Drive simply executes an MAJ jog command in 5000. We are using Ethernet IP for motion commands. The drive executes this jog command the entire time the machine is running. When a speed change is made, the commanded velocity in the MAJ is updated using an MCD change dynamics statement and drive will change speed. At some point the drive stops responding to new speed changes. The odd thing is if you look at the CIP_Drive_Axis tags, the .CommandedVelocity updates to the correct value when a setpoint change is made. However the drive continues to run at the previous actual speed as reflected in the .ActualVelocity and .AverageVelocity tags. At this point, nothing I do can generate a speed change. I issued some motion direct commands to see how it responded. Nothing I could do helped the issue. Including executing an MASD shutdown command and an MASR shutdown reset command. As soon as the drive is enabled, it immediately goes right back to the same speed regardless of setpoint. It also does not execute its accel ramp at this point and goes instantly to that speed. The only way to correct the problem is to kill all drive power including logic power and bring it back up. It is as if a command is “stuck” in the drive and it continues to execute that command as if it has never stopped or updated.

The only common thread that I see is that all drives have CIP Sync configured to update from the same PLC on the network (not the one that generates the motion commands). I am not familiar with CIP Sync and don't know if that can cause an issue or not.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Warren

One thing that I have had to do in the past is one shot a unlatch to all the block attributes to get it to react consistently. So one shot and unlatch the .en, .ER, .en, ect ect then the branch below would contain the command.

Knowledgebase says not to do this but it's not consistent if I don't.

One other thing that I have seen that was a no no was to have multiple movement instructions throughout the program like a MAM or MAJ. I always treat these like OTE's and have separate routines just for them, servo jog, servo move, ect.

I'm not schooled enough in CIP Sync to help you, but I do know that it can cause some real headaches and headscratchers. I would certainly keep that on your list of investigations.

Is the new speed command outside the window set by the axis minimum and maximum speeds? Is the rising edge of the logic before the MCD instruction being re-triggered?