AB 1397 DC Drive - Fault Codes

louielew

I am communicating with the 1397 drive through a scanport adapter to RIO and controlled by a PLC5.
I cannot find a 'fault' parameter from the drive. I want to be able to log the drive faults in the PLC5.
Obviously I know when the drive is faulted, but I have no indication other than the HIM on the drive itself for what fault #.
Anyone done this before?

Thanks in advance.

I don't believe you will be able to accomplish this task since, like you have already noticed, there are no "Fault Parameters" within the 1397s firmware.
The only way you could remotely access the drive's Fault queue I could think of is by deploying some sort of gateway link software and use commands such as "Trip Fault Read" or "Fault Queue Entry Read Full", however, RIO is not one of the protocols allowing this type of data transfer.