Passing parameters from a parameter file into another parameter file

awhite

Bear with me as I try to explain what I need to happen. I'm working with FTView SE 6.

I have successfully created a screen that has multiple page buttons per A-B KB article 44693. With 4 pages, you create 4 memory tag constants, 4 parameter files, and 4 buttons on the display. Each button is connected to a parameter file and with the proper visibility animation, the next/previous buttons become visible.

Per the KB article, the parameter files are configured as follows:
Parm1 #1 = Const\GoToParm4
#2 = Const\GoToParm2

Parm2 #1 = Const\GoToParm1
#2 = Const\GoToParm3

Parm3 #1 = Const\GoToParm2
#2 = Const\GoToParm4

Parm4 #1 = Const\GoToParm3
#2 = Const\GoToParm1

Now I need to create a screen that has two sets of buttons. Selecting a button from group 1 loads a parameter file of constants (same as article). A button from group 2 needs to load a parameter file but needs to maintain the first selection, but change the second.

For example, say I wanted to display a dataset stored in the PLC that is a two dimensional array of a udt. The buttons drive the array indexes of the two dimensional array.

Array[#1,#2].dataset.Item1
Array[#1,#2].dataset.Item2 ... etc

Pressing a button of group 1 loads one of the parameter files:
Parm1 #1 = Const\val1
#2 = Const\val1

Parm2 #1 = Const\val2
#2 = Const\val1

Parm3 #1 = Const\val3
#2 = Const\val1

Parm4 #1 = Const\val4
#2 = Const\val1

Pressing a button in group 2 needs to maintain the value of #1, but change #2. I would like to load the parameter file:
Parm1 #1 = #1
#2 = Const\val1

Parm2 #1 = #1
#2 = Const\val2

Parm3 #1 = #1
#2 = Const\val3

Parm4 #1 = #1
#2 = Const\val4

It doesn't seem to work though KB article 59160 leads me to believe it would. So I either need to correct what I'm doing wrong here or pursue another method.

We're looking to have multiple people/stations viewing different data on different screens at the same time, so the use of memory tags won't work (tried that already, each screen overwrites the other).

Also, the example given has been greatly simplified but directly applicable to how the screen needs to work. The example given above is very simplified. I realize I could just make 8 parameter files and call it good for the above layout. But the actual application would require more than 300 parameter files and 300 buttons to do it in the same manner (there are multiple 3 dimension arrays in the actual system). If I can get the above solution to work, only require 28 parameter files and buttons are required. That quantity is a little more manageable.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited: