Automation Direct D2-260

Does Data view only work while online? I am currently away from the processor but going through the code and HMI trying to make Heads or Tails from this. When I search for that value it comes back with "nothing found".

I agree with you about how it should work but I just can't see which one is or how the program is telling it to turn on. I feel like there should be a move command or something to put that binary value into the WORD but I'm not getting anywhere with that theory.

Thanks,

Monkey

Yes, data view only works online. Sorry, I pictured you sitting there with the PLC.

I'm not sure what to tell you. If I were wanting to turn on a series of outputs with a simple word write then I would probably use the LD box to load a BCD number then write it with the OUT box.

Good Luck.

The VY6xxxx addresses are word aliases. In other words they just mimic what the actual Y bits are in a word format.

Same idea with VX6xxxx, VC6xxxx, etc. it's just another way of looking at the bits as a word.

The VY6xxxx addresses are word aliases. In other words they just mimic what the actual Y bits are in a word format.

Same idea with VX6xxxx, VC6xxxx, etc. it's just another way of looking at the bits as a word.

Ok, I think I'm getting somewhere here. I have a calculation that I found while digging through the Lookout Direct Source file. See if any of you can tell whats going on, I vaguely know what the calculation is doing but not enough to explain it or to feel good about it.

(trunc(((YSW07/2`1) - trunc (YSW07/2`1))*2))

This does this for "17" more times, so I know this is doing something to see which output is on within that word but I can't figure out exactly what's happening.

Where YSW07 = V40512...which as we now know has an alias of VY240.

So in turn...this is saying YSW07 = Y240 I believe. Therefore Y240 is a word and technically has "17" outputs correct? Y240.0 - Y240.16?

I think I'm talking this out enough it's either making sense or I'm going crazy but somebody I'm sure will let me know either way (y).

As for that calculation...anybody understand it?
Of course chime in where ever else you feel is necessary.

Thanks again!

Monkey

Where YSW07 = V40512...which as we now know has an alias of VY240.

So in turn...this is saying YSW07 = Y240 I believe. Therefore Y240 is a word and technically has "17" outputs correct? Y240.0 - Y240.16?

I don't think it is correct to say that Y240 is a word. Y240 refers to the least significant bit in word V40512. For this use a word will only have 16 bits, never 17.

With PLCs, there are lots of ways to look at the same data. If you monitor bit 0 of V40512 then you are monitoring Y240, just in a different format. If Y240 is on then I know that bit 0 in word V40512 is a 1, also if Y257 is on then I know that bit 15 in word V40512 is on.

I couldn't find a reference to YSW in the D2 manual.

Hopefully I'm helping and not confusing you more.

Lookout Direct Source file.

I couldn't find a reference to YSW in the D2 manual
The ysw reference may be in the lookout direct manual. It's been a while since I have done anything with lookout. if I get time today I will try and refresh myself

YSW0 would be a variable.

They are bringing the bits in as a word to save on the number of connections (each connection is defined as a request from an external device for a variable) in LookoutDirect. If they brought them in as individual bits, you would have 16 connections, as a word you have 1.

LookoutDirect only allows 500 total connections.