IDEC PFA-1A51 Cable pin out

Is that the cable from the link adapter to the plc? If it is, I have a cable that I can trace the pinouts for you. Let me know.

PFA-1A51 cable sketch

It is a pin for pin connection on the wide side of the connector and the outside two pins on the short side of the connector. The center two pins are swapped on the short side of the connector. See attached sketch. The connectors have the part number P8 J008 on them. I "think" this part number will substitute: FCN-363J008 by Fujitsu. the part number could be 361, 362, 363, or 364 for the prefix.
Here is a link that might help:
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/fcn-360series.pdf

PS. If you need info on building the link adapter let me know. I can trace my link adapter circuit if needed.
Also, see this thread for a similar interface or link adapter.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=69165&highlight=ex100

PFA-1A51 Cable.jpg

Last edited:
Hello
I am interested in the cable that goes from the PLC FA-2J to the PF2-CLA link. I understant it is a PFA-1A51. Do you know about its pins, how many are they and what are they for... and how this cable could be replaced. Thanks

Hello
I am interested in the cable that goes from the PLC FA-2J to the PF2-CLA link. I understant it is a PFA-1A51. Do you know about its pins, how many are they and what are they for... and how this cable could be replaced. Thanks
Is there not enough info in post #4? If not please ask again in more detail as to what you need. I think that I can find the old cable around here somewhere and will be glad to help any way I can. Thanks.

Hello, I am looking for some help to connect to an old IDEC CP11. I purchased the Link Adapter (Pf2-CLA), Link Cable (PFA-1A54A) from PC to Link Adapter and built the Link Cable (PFA-1A51) I can't connect to the PC using WINDLDR using a USB to serial adapter. I have verified 7.6 vdc going to my link adapter and have verified my port settings in device manager and tried all possible combos and tried auto connect within WINDLR. Can someone confirm the pinout for (PFA-1A51) posted above works and also what the pinout is for the (PFA-1A54A) cable. I have continuity from pin 2 to 2 and pin 3 to 3 and pin 5 of Db9 to 7 of DB25. Thanks

Last edited: