Profinet comm speed?

On Profinet I am at:
4 VFDS
8 Ai
8AO
54DI
64DO

The rest of the IO (16Di, 16DO, 4AI, 2AO, and 24 TCs) are in the main rack.

So should be no real pain....depending on the VFD demand.

Impressive, thanks for sharing.

What are they used for? I think I have seen something similar where they used it for separating silicon particles (I think) from a cutting lubricant, such that the lubricant could be reused. Or maybe they could reuse the silicon, can't remember :).

Since you are a "boiler guy"...

Here is one that is on pulse fired burners.
8 burners in roof, with circulation fans for low temp.
This is a shot of the survey being done and the furnace is open at about 2000 F degrees.....max temp 2250 F
This design is called a Tilt-UP...when you see it you understand....for loading with a forklift.

Tilt-UP Close1.jpg

Last edited:
Nat
I've been dozens of coordinated drive systems over profinet
With 20-30 drives on the network - generally 10 words of send and receive
You won't have any problems

Since you are a "boiler guy"...

Here is one that is on pulse fired burners.
8 burners in roof, with circulation fans for low temp.
This is a shot of the survey being done and the furnace is open at about 2000 F degrees.....max temp 2250 F
This design is called a Tilt-UP...when you see it you understand....for loading with a forklift.

That is pretty cool, the only time our boiler glow like that is when you bypass safety and drain them, (ask BSS ;) ).

Most of our installations are steam and hot water boilers, we have a few thermal oil boilers out there and a couple of garbage incinerators (for power generation).