Profinet issues

bodef84

Hello guys!

I´am new here but need some help in configuring a PLC S7-300 with a CP 343-1 LEAN. I´am using Siemens Tia portal v13.

My question is if it is possible to give different authorisation to each ports in properties for CP 343 and where can i find it?
I would like to have read/write access to X1P1 port. When X1P2 port connected, X1P1 will have read access and X1P2 read/write access.

Thank you for helping.

Regards,
Ferenc

Last edited:
It's not p

Hi,

The two ports in the CP343-1 Lean module are in fact two ports of an internal switch. That switch has an extra port that is internally connected to the CP343-1.

The CP343-1 can't distinguish between traffic comming from one external por or the other.

Best regards,
Kelkoon

Hi,

The two ports in the CP343-1 Lean module are in fact two ports of an internal switch. That switch has an extra port that is internally connected to the CP343-1.

The CP343-1 can't distinguish between traffic comming from one external por or the other.

Best regards,
Kelkoon

Thank you for your fast response. I have to search another solution.

Regards,
Ferenc

Hi,

Best regards,
Kelkoon

I have another question: is there any instruction that detects if these two ports are connected with ethernet cable?

Regards
Ferenc

If you're using "Report System Error" to automatically generate HW diagnostics, you have two options. It may be called "System Diagnostics" in portal.

If you set the port to Monitor in its settings, then it will automatically create an alarm when it has no cable.

If you assign topology, then it will automatically detect the wrong partner (or no partner) plugged in, and create the appropriate alarm.

If you're not using RSE/system diagnostics, you probably should look into it.

If you actually need the status in the program, and not just for alarm purposes, then you can probably find it in a System Status List somewhere. No idea where to start looking for that, though.