RSLogix 500 activation

pnoy

Hi guys, just want to check with you before calling AB, maybe someone knows.
Can I just buy the serial and activation key for the old software? I have the old original cd RSLogix 500 v5.2, but could not find other things. I just need to add a buzzer on 1 of our old conveyor and so I think the old software will do. I don't think I will be using this again later on, after this project. Is there any other option besides buying a new software?
Thank you.

Did this "asking" work for you?

If not, take the time to present you case to Rockwell.... If you had an activation, you paid for it and they might help you.

Just a thought

Scorpip said:
Did this "asking" work for you?

If not, take the time to present you case to Rockwell.... If you had an activation, you paid for it and they might help you.

Just a thought

Called RA (USA), and was told to check with the local RA branch.
Then, I was told that they don't have that "loaner" or any trial version. Called the local distributor, and was told the same.
It will be troublesome to trace the origin where my the original cd came from, and transfer the account. So the best is just probably buy a new starter software.
But I will look for probably someone who has the software and loan it, or technician who'll just do the program. Maybe cheaper than acquiring the software.

Send me your Company name via E-Mail or Private Message and I'll look up your license number. That will let you accurately determine how much it would cost to get your software re-activated.

I agree that for a one-time use on software you are unfamiliar with, that it is more cost-effective to hire a contractor who owns the software tool.

Generally rockwell & siemens won't give you anything, some other manufacturers, if you buy lots of their products will even give you the software an example is one oem did a project containing nine plc's a Scada system with promise of standardising on these particular products & they give them the software free + any latest upgrades, the company I used to be with used hundreds of S5/S7 & plc5/500 systems & it cost us a fortune in initial software/hardware for programming not to mention the upgrade costs every year.