1794 Flex I/O Error: Mod Config Reject

Mfleming

Hello. We have an issue on one of our machines using Flex I/O. All of the flex I/O are faulted on one chassis (7 I/O cards total). The cards are all digital I/O's (Part# 1794 IV 16/A and 1794 OB 16/A). The error code is Code 16#0118 : Module Cofiguration Rejected: Format error.

This machine has been in service for over a year now and the I/O config has not been touched. I tried to disable keying and had no results. I also tried to turn off rack optimization and also had no result. I swapped to another known active ethernet connection, still the same. Swapped the Flex adapter out and nothing.

I'm sure it is something simple that I'm overlooking. I don't have enough spare parts to swap all the cards and cross my fingers. Any suggestions on how to diagnose this one?

I reduced the chassis to 1 and now have the fault Code 16#0204. I checked connections and it appears to have a good connection.

Disregard the last post, typo on the IP address. I was able to clear the fault with the adapter card disconnected from the backplane only. I am getting a backplane module ordered right now.

Thanks I'll post my findings.