DirectSoft project file extensions

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi guys,

I've been handed project files from a control system I've been asked to investigate, but I'm not certain what controller they are from.

The client's electrician tells me it's a DirectLogic controller, and he thinks it's a DL-06. That's the extent of the information I can get until I make a trip onsite myself.

I think the whole family of DirectLogic controllers uses DirectSoft 5, so as long as he got the brand right I just need to select the correct programming cable.

The project file extensions are:

*.ESD
*.LCX
*.PRJ
*.ESX
*.LDA
*.PRT
*.LCD
*.LDO
*.SCD

Are these file extensions consistent with a DirectLogic 5 project ?

Indeed they are. It looks like all the required files are there. Directsoft 5 should open those.

A D2-DSCBL or a EA-MG-PGM-CBL cable will work with any of the DirectLogic PLC's except for the old DL305 stuff.