Communication between 2 en2t mounted on same control logix chassis

sanket007

HOW TO COMMUNICATE BETWEEN 2 ''EN2T'' MODULES MOUNTED ON THE SAME ALLEN BRADLEY CONTROLLOGIX CHASSIS. BUT TWO EN2T HAS DIFFERENT NETWORK. ONE EN2T IS HANDLING PC NETWORK AND THE ANOTHER EN2T IS HANDLING THE PANEL(I/Os, VFDs). BOTH HAVE SAME CLASS OF IP ADDRESS. FROM PC NETWORK, PC CANNOT PING ANOTHER EN2T NETWORK ON THE SAME CHASSIS.

It is in the same chassis, however, on a different virtual subnet.
Why do you need to "ping" it?
If browsing RSLinx and intending to drill down on a different subnet, you will have to enter the IP Addresses to be browsed within the the EtherNet/IP driver configuration, starting with the I/O-HMI-VFD dedicated EN2T one.

The ICMP "Ping" command is for IP networks, not for ControlLogix backplanes. If the 1756-EN2T modules are physically or logically on different IP subnets, you will not be able to "PING" both of them.

However, RSLinx and similar software packages understand how to route through ControlLogix backplanes, so you can "drill down" using RSLinx to communicate with devices on the I/O network even with a computer that is on the enterprise network.

Browsing the I/O network requires that you know the IP addresses of those devices. In the RSWho browsing window, browse as far as the "Ethernet Network" underneath the I/O network's 1756-EN2T module.

Right-click and select Properties, and the "Browse Addresses" window will appear. Enter the IP addresses of the I/O network devices you want to communicate with.

a third party software i.e TURCK accesses all data from the field so it requires to ping the IP addresses, but the module on another EN2T are not replying to the ping command. That is why the TURCK software cant go online to their modules. That modules are on EN2T two network.

You could try a NAT translator. Rockwell's is the 9300-ENA. If I'm not mistaken it's a Cisco device. It will allow bridging between two networks so your TURK devices will be visible from your PC network.

Sounds like you are defeating the purpose of having 2 separate networks. Both can be accessed from the CPU as long as they are mapped in RS Networks. A network diagram would be helpful.

I haven't used the NAT translator but from what I understand, you only 'map' those IP's you want to have access to the outside world:

192.168.1.1 -> 172.16.1.1
192.168.1.2 -> Not mapped and would therefore not be reachable nor would any broadcast message from it be allow out of the 192 private 'isolated' network.

It does sort of defeat the purpose of the two ENET cards but if I'm not mistaken the NAT translation scheme either through this device or a Layer 3 switch is one of Cisco/RA preferred methods of isolating traffic.