Experience with Kinco HMIs and LCD ghosting?

@KLaugh Did you learn how to work around the issue of 6 digit addresses with only 5 digits allowed? I am trying to fix this on my own Kinco + Click setup yesterday and today. Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I have the HMI set up to word data type 4X but the address only allows me to enter 5 digits. All of the MODBUS addresses for counters are 6 digit. What am I doing wrong?

The most significant digit of a Modbus address is meant to be interpreted as the data type, not as a numeric value. The address 400100 represents the same word of data as 40100. Both denote memory type 4, holding registers, offset 100 words from the start of that memory.

The most significant digit of a Modbus address is meant to be interpreted as the data type, not as a numeric value. The address 400100 represents the same word of data as 40100. Both denote memory type 4, holding registers, offset 100 words from the start of that memory.

This is true and well and good, but if you want to display a counter accumulator, CTD1, its Modbus address is 449153. There are no zeros you can eliminate to access it with a normal Modbus request.

What I have done in cases like this is add extra PLC code to map data to holding registers that are easy to access with a Modbus driver that is more strict. For example "DS1" in a Click is HR1 or 400001 or 40001 depending on whose driver you are working with. So you have to add extra PLC code but by mapping counters and timers to DS registers you should still be able to get what you want.