FT View SE v12 on Microsoft Windows 2016

PTECH

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm building a FT View SE Network Distributed application on Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter. Original application was FT View SE v8.2 Network Distributed on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2. I exported the application v8.2 to a desktop computer running Win10. I installed FT View SE v9 application opened and ran. I installed FT View SE v10 application opened and ran. I installed FT View SE v11 application opened and ran. I installed FT View SE v12 application opened and ran. All this on the desktop computer running Win10 and just a Local running application.

I moved this to the Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter and the application still works as long as the data we use to track parts down a conveyor is in the position of the part. If there is no data in that position for that particular part, a value of "19" is populated there.

We are using about 50 parameters being passed into several screens.
We are using a String /*S:10 Options\Blank*/ where "Blank" is the Option number derived from 100 different Multiple Indicator States.

Any input would be appreciated. o_O

...I installed ... and ran. I installed... and ran. I installed... and ran...

Henny Youngman joke:

A guy went to the doctor and said "my love life with my wife is going downhill." The doctor says "You're out of shape, run 10 miles a day and I'll call you in a week." The doctor calls and asks "How's your love life?" The guy says "I don't know; I'm 70 miles from home."

</brief-interlude>

I'm building a FT View SE Network Distributed application on Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter. Original application was FT View SE v8.2 Network Distributed on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2. I exported the application v8.2 to a desktop computer running Win10. I installed FT View SE v9 application opened and ran. I installed FT View SE v10 application opened and ran. I installed FT View SE v11 application opened and ran. I installed FT View SE v12 application opened and ran. All this on the desktop computer running Win10 and just a Local running application.

I moved this to the Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter and the application still works as long as the data we use to track parts down a conveyor is in the position of the part. If there is no data in that position for that particular part, a value of "19" is populated there.

We are using about 50 parameters being passed into several screens.
We are using a String /*S:10 Options\Blank*/ where "Blank" is the Option number derived from 100 different Multiple Indicator States.

Any input would be appreciated. o_O

Problem Solved: In the PLC program where a Parameter Option was a "0", which meant there was no Option and then converted in the PLC to ASCII as
"NONE" I had to remove the text and make the ASCII conversion " ". Then the FT View SE project screens would leave a blank, " No Text " where there was no option. (y)