Contrologix Problems uploading project

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All, I have a tetrapak pocket filling unit that I am trying to upload the project from the PLC. I have tried using USB and Ethernet drivers but I keep getting fatal error 0xc)0000005 (-1073741819). The company I am at does not have a tech support agreement so I can't search KB for an answer. I was told by OEM it is using Studio5k v21 and I have that on my laptop. They keep telling me they will give me a copy of project but....... Any help would be awesome. Thank you

Turns out, there are a lot of different reasons that cause this error. One hilarious one is that Windows Speech Recognition can cause it.

I wonder if this is a "run as administrator" issue. Generally, setting UAC to the lowest setting and possibly configuring the software to run as administrator "fixes" the bulk of the crashes.

Edit: Do you have an ACD file for that project? I'd try opening one to make sure that you don't have a missing AOP or something like that before trying to upload.

Turns out, there are a lot of different reasons that cause this error. One hilarious one is that Windows Speech Recognition can cause it.

I wonder if this is a "run as administrator" issue. Generally, setting UAC to the lowest setting and possibly configuring the software to run as administrator "fixes" the bulk of the crashes.

Edit: Do you have an ACD file for that project? I'd try opening one to make sure that you don't have a missing AOP or something like that before trying to upload.

First, what is UAC?

Second, I have asked for what's running in the processor now and keep getting told "I will get you a copy" but it hasn't happened in two months. So, if they have an AOP in the project that I don't have, it won't upload the project?

Thank you

UAC is Windows User Account Control. It's the security feature that makes Windows bark at you when you, for example, try to run a program you just downloaded.

If you can find the CPU in RSLinx, you should be able to right click it and select Module Properties to find out for sure what version of Logix/Sutdio5k you need.

I think that if you can connect and upload, that even if you are missing some AOPs, you should still be able to get online, just not necessarily be able to exercise all the operations made available by that AOP...not 100% sure on this. I have done this before, and needed to update the AOP in order to tweak some VFD parameters for a Powerflex within Studio. I had an older version of the same AOP though, so maybe that is why I was able to go online.

In the many causes of that error, AOP's was mentioned as a possible cause. It's not to say that you can never upload if you don't have a specific AOP that is in the project, it apparently can cause the software to crash in some cases.

I have now received the original .acd and I am still unable to open it. I get an error 717-0, Support for the 1756-L72 controller is not installed. Is this something I am going to need a tech support agreement for? Thanks

The other software I have is Studio5k 9324-RLDMLPE. I am trying to use that as well and getting the same result. I did read that I need the standard edition at bare minimum. I am searching to see if the above listed s-ware is standard edition.

The other software I have is Studio5k 9324-RLDMLPE. I am trying to use that as well and getting the same result. I did read that I need the standard edition at bare minimum. I am searching to see if the above listed s-ware is standard edition.

That's a multi language pack which basically is an add on to studio 5K to add the ability to use FBD, SFC, and ST and not just ladder.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/qr/9324-qr001_-en-p.pdf

Last edited:
Nevermind my last comment. After reading the link Dock posted, I see that Studio5K goes back to v.20.5.....which is what I believe is running.

Open up studio 5K, on the help tab click the "about", the open version should be shown at the bottom of the pop up that opens. Not sure how much you know about Rockwell but it is possible to have multiple versions installed on a PC.

Getting the info on that about tab could help us steer you in the right direction.

Open up studio 5K, on the help tab click the "about", the open version should be shown at the bottom of the pop up that opens. Not sure how much you know about Rockwell but it is possible to have multiple versions installed on a PC.

Getting the info on that about tab could help us steer you in the right direction.

Yup, that's how I determined it was the mini version of Studio5k.