RSView ME

agampreet

I am facing a problem with RSView ME software. When i try to load a runtime application and run it i get an error saying, "Unable to load the application".
This problem came up all of a sudden, as the same application has been running perfectly well for over an year. I created a new runtime file and tried to load and run that, but i got the same error. Can someone kindly help me with this problem?

Check that the PanelView firmware and the application versions match.

Ver 5.1 will not run on a panelview running 5.0.

I ran into a similar problem a while back. It ended up being a problem with the software (became corrupted). I ended up uninstalling and having to manually delete any and all folders relating to RSView, then reinstalling it.
A little more detail: uninstalled Factory Talk, RSView, and Linx Enterprise. The folders I deleted should be located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rockwell, and I deleted the following folders: RNAClient, RNAServer, RSLinx Enterprise.
Then all I had to do was reinstall all the programs. Turned out the computer was being turned off improperly and I invested in a UPS.

Last edited:
You haven't by any chance decided to clean up the directory and deleted one of the canned programs have you. I found if you delete "Baggage" RSView crashes every time. Crazy I know, The Rockwell dealer didn't believe me either until I showed him.

You might not have to do all of this but it worked for me.

- Remove license key
- Uninstall all Rockwell software from Windows add/remove programs
- Manually delete contents of the following folder locations:

C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\rockwell
C:\program files\common files\rockwell
C:\programs\rockwell
C:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\temp\
(in my case <username> = administrator)
C:\documents and settings\all users\documents\rsview enterprise\me\runtime\currentsystembackup

- Install RSView ME software
- Reinstall software license key

Last edited:
sandwich & masjid I don't suppose you work for the cable tv company do you? When they said they'd be here between 12:00 - 16:00, I just assumed they meant this year.

Just kidding!

OG

To the OP...

Hi and welcome to the Future, sorry, I meant the Forum!

msajid said:
lol just realized it.. I have to pay attention next time..

msajid,

Pay attention to this...

RA Knowledgebase Article 55661 is copyrighted and locked under TechConnect Support. Whatever about retyping some of the information in your own words, you should not be reproducing the actual Technote, in textual, or pictorial form, in whole, or in part, on a public Forum. You are in breach of your Contract in doing so.

If you want to link them to it, that's fine. Often users have a TechConnect Support contract, they just don't know where to look until you point them...

55661 - FactoryTalk View ME Station/Studio Error: Unable to load application
Access Level: TechConnect

For your perusal...

Terms & Conditions of Access said:
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
The following are terms of a legal agreement between any user of this web site ("User") and Rockwell Automation, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively "Rockwell Automation"). By accessing, browsing or using this web site (the "Site"), User agrees to be bound by these access terms and conditions. The material provided on or accessed by way of this Site is protected by law, including without limitation, United States copyright laws and international treaties. This Site is controlled or operated by Rockwell Automation from its offices within the State of Wisconsin, United States of America. A User who accesses this Site from locations outside of the United States does so on his/her own initiative and is separately responsible for compliance with any applicable local law on internet usage and web site access.
Information on this Site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors, and Rockwell Automation assumes no liability for and reserves the right to correct such inaccuracies or errors at any time. Rockwell Automation may also make changes, updates and improvements to this Site or these access terms and conditions, at any time without notice.

Trademarks and Copyrights
The trademarks, service marks, and logos used or displayed on this Site (the "Trademarks") are registered and unregistered trademarks of Rockwell Automation and others. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any such Trademark without the written permission of the Trademark owner. Trademarks of Rockwell Automation may not be used in any way without the prior written permission of Rockwell Automation. Except for "linking logos" specifically designed for the purpose, Rockwell Automation prohibits use of any Rockwell Automation Trademark as a "hot" link to this Site or any other Rockwell Automation web site.
Copyrights relative to images found on this Site are owned by or proprietary to Rockwell Automation or the applicable copyright owner. No image should be downloaded from this Site and used by User for any reason without the express prior permission of Rockwell Automation or the applicable copyright owner.

Use Restrictions
The copyright in all material (including still and moving images) provided, maintained or accessible on this Site is held by Rockwell Automation or by the original creator of the material or its assignee. Except as stated herein, none of this material may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including without limitation, by electronic, mechanical, photocopying or other recording means, without the prior written permission of Rockwell Automation or the appropriate copyright owner. User also may not, without prior written permission from Rockwell Automation, "mirror" any material contained in this Site, perform "deep links" or use any Trademark as a metatag relative to any other web site. Unless otherwise expressly stated elsewhere within this Site, the sale or licensing of product (if any) by Rockwell Automation from this Site is limited to customers and shipping destinations within the United States.

Applicable Laws
Any claim relating to this Site or the use of this Site and the materials contained or accessed by way thereof are governed exclusively by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, United States of America, without regard to conflict of law principles. User agrees and hereby submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, with respect to any such claim.

Use your nut. Don't blatantly copy their material.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
George

Thanks George for Pointing out the rules and regulations. I will keep this in mind next time I post anything.

I am not sure what techconnect/ra knowladgebase you are talking about. The problems that I reply to on this site are things that i have faced in past and have found solution to through troubleshooting or simple web research. I don't have any tech support etc to give me solutions.

It would have been nice if you personally messaged me to ask about any concerns you had, instead of making assumptions.

You did bring up valid point about posting copyrighted material... I never thought about it before posting anything.. for future posts I will do part to make sure anything I use is not copyrighted.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Big Brother Is Watching!

Come, come my friend. Big Brother sees all...

msajid said:
...It would have been nice if you personally messaged me to ask about any concerns you had, instead of making assumptions...

I am not looking to publicly "chew you out" here. The reason I brought it up in public rather than in private is for informational or educational reasons. It is a public Forum. It's important that others who may have read it, or will read it in the future may now also consider their actions while kindly attempting to assist those in need. However hard I may seem on you, I'm doing it for your own good and the good of others.

I do apologize if I assumed incorrectly here, but I do feel it was/is a plausible assumption to make, given that the "Panelviewfix.jpg" screenshot that you attached is a direct screenshot of the locked Technote 55661 from the RA Knowledgebase, albeit with the header and footer removed, for, dare I assume, obscurity reasons, lest someone might notice where it was furnished from, such as myself.

msajid said:
...I am not sure what techconnect/ra knowladgebase you are talking about. The problems that I reply to on this site are things that i have faced in past and have found solution to through troubleshooting or simple web research. I don't have any tech support etc to give me solutions.

Ok, so you are denying having pictorially reproduced the aforementioned material, in part, from the contractually locked Technote 55661, or any other locked information, for that matter?

Reading the above would make one think you had never heard of either TechConnect or the RA Knowledgebase. Yet you do use the Knowledgebase, yes? You accessed it earlier this year to view a Technote related to FactoryTalk View Legacy Tag Database Conversion Tool. If you do not have a TechConnect Support contract, with which to access locked information, then how do you also explain having recently linked the "OpeningPDFviaFoxit.doc" file from the bottom of a TechConnect level Technote related to Foxit Reader?

If you did not pictorially reproduce in part, the locked Technote 55661, and you did not attach in another thread the aforementioned document, then would you be so kind as to divulge where you found this material by using "simple web research". I'm not too shabby with Google, but I couldn't find any links with references to the even the text of 55661, let alone an image of the actual locked TechConnect page. And funnily enough, a Google search for "OpeningPDFviaFoxit.doc" shows up 1 result, your post on this Forum.

What I was, or perhaps still am suggesting, may be based on conjecture, but you would appear to be denying having reproduced this material, when all evidence points to the contrary. Your apparent denial is serving to make more of an example out of your self than I could ever achieve. You cannot say you didn't do it, while thanking me for pointing out that you did. If I were you, and wrongly accused, I would be incensed.

The game is up my friend! :nodi:

You are a relatively new contributor to the Forum, and I'm sure it will be the better for it. I am just trying to dissuade you from this apparently blatant, but I'm sure unintentional practice, before it becomes a habit too hard to break.

Remember, I never said "do not do it". I said to use your nut, and not do it so blatantly. :site:

Peace,
George

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Have you read the thread above?

What have you tried?

Did you follow the advice in post #7 which was kindly "web researched" by msajid?

Do you have a TechConnect Support contract with Rockwell?

Did you try to open the link I gave in post #11, which is to the same information, albeit updated since?

Here it is again for your convenience...

55661 - FactoryTalk View ME Station/Studio Error: Unable to load application
Access Level: TechConnect

Note again that it is TechConnect access only. If you do not have a TechConnect Support Contract then let us know and we'll assist you as best we can.

Regards,
George