Automation Direct CLICK DS Bits and expanding

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a project/program that I am recording a time stamp and its using DS1-DS6 and shifts this down every time there is another 'event' because the DS register is 4000 I have a good amount of data that I can store.... now my customer wants to add 2 more time stamps, this will give me 222 events that I can record before it starts to write over itself, I know there is a DD but that is small so can I expand the DS register? I thought I read once that you could create a register? but maybe that was with the BRX

The Click data tables are fixed. The BRX would definitely allow a lot more flexibility and could be customized.

In the Click, you might be able to consolidate the data into a format where you only needed two DS register per timestamp where you pack the data into two digits each for month, day, hour, minute, and second, store that as a DD, then copy (unpack) it back to two consecutive DS registers. But if the year is important or you need finer than 1 second resolution you might need another register per timestamp.

Last edited:
Thanks Paul, I think I will try and cut it down to less data and then expand that way, I am logging
Month
Week
Day
Hour
Min
Event duration

Maybe if I can figure out how to do a number of day 1-356 that would combine the month/week, but it still needs to look good on a spreadsheet

Last edited:
I am already using the PLUS so thats a good idea, I just dont know and will need to check if the data can be read buy the Cloud, I am using the PLUS for the MQTT option, with the older Click we had to use a gateway or a BRX as the interface

Thank you!