Siemens S5 308-3uc11

jwolaver

Hello,

I have a Husky injection molding machine that uses a Siemens S5 PLC and has a 308-3uc11 profibus card. Something took out the 308c card, so we replaced it. However, now over on the HMI we are receiving all kinds of error messages as if it is not seeing some of the inputs. All the CPU lights and Profibus card are green and not showing any faults. Any ideas?

Profibus-DP

Hello,

Did you check your firmware rev on the replacement 308-3uc11?

Check the IM308C Diagnostic FB/COM PROFIBUS in the S5 for error messages and diagnostic communication codes. Check replacement hardware's firmware version in diagnostics. If blank data or gibberish, your new card's firmware isn't being recognized correctly by the S5 runtime.

Make sure jumper positions match the bad card!

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

I did check the jumpers. I have a cable and I hope the software to be able to hook up and see what is going on. If I am lucky they will be here tomorrow. I am not at all familiar with Siemens, but hopefully I can work my way through it.