Help with C-More EA9 HMI and UniDrive SP

mjisaacs

I am trying to communicate from a EA9 HMI to a unidrive SP via port 2 (2 wire RS485) using the ModBus RTU protocol. I have connected a cable from the 3 pin terminal on the HMI. I have connected it via pin 2on the UniDrive RJ45 to +, pin 3 on the Unidrive to LG, and pin 7 on the Unidrive to -. I cannot seem to get it to communicate. i cannot push numbers into the drive or receive. I am getting a timeout error on the HMI. Has anyone done this before? My settings in the HMI are:

slave address 1
Baud Rate: 19200
Protocol: RTU
Parity: None
Stop Bits: 2
Select RS485: Yes
Control RTS: No
Require CTS: No

Byte Order: High Byte, Low Byte
Word Order: High Word, Low Word
Character Order: Char1, Char 2

PLEASE HELP!!!

duh moment! I had a wire backwards. I can now communicate. BUT...I can READ a 32 nit number, but when I try to WRITE a 32 bit number, I get a 0x0002 error. I can change the number thru the SOFTWARE (not writing from HMI) and I see the correct number coming back to me. It is simply NOT ACCEPTING what I write to it.

HELP!