in fire and gas system what is the meaning of....

Line monitoring is detection of a break or a short.

EDIT: OK actually four states:
* Open contact
* Closed contact
* Open wiring
* Shorted wiring

I've seen this is done with a two-resistor network, one in parallel with the contact and on in series with the contact. The input itself is really an analog input that detects the four different voltage states via the resistor network.

Hope the nickel-tour explanation makes some sense.

Last edited:
Exactly.

As far as standards, I couldn't say for sure. That gets a little far afield for the work I do. There are, however, a lot of brilliant people on here who I'm sure will jump in later and help us out.:)

Similar Topics

Guys, I'm having a problem with Autronica Autrosafe system. It is a rig fire & gas system, for accomadations. This system is freezing almost...
Replies
Views
This forum has so many members with skills that spillover to other fields so I figured one of ya might know a link or forum for the DETRONICS...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyone give us the name and part number of programming cable for AM1000 fire and gas panel. Thanks
Replies
Views
New to the ABpoint IO and have some experience with plcs but not that much. Anyway my question is why are these output cards flashing red? I am...
Replies
Views
I am using studio 5000 for the program. For some reason even when the ladder logic is completely true to fire the output, the output still will...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom