Rockwell Error 717-80042060, won't open project.

CapinWinky

The text of the error is:
"Failed to open file '<File path and name>.ACD'.
The project file contains an object whose format cannot be converted to the current version."

There are two versions of the file, with the newer version being created by opening the older one and saving again. I can't open either, but other guys can open both. The headers show that they were both last saved with v21.03.00/3541.000.

I've got an enterprise installation with all versions of Logix and Studio 5000 up to v23.00. If I make a new project, it shows options for v21 and v23 and I can open older projects that are in v21, so I've got v21 installed alright.

I'm kind of stumped...

I opened the project with the Compare tool and it offered a little more information. It said the project required v21.03 (duh) and that it didn't match v21.00. I assume that means I never installed the .03 update, so I'm trying that.

20.03 will run on the same license as every other version of RSLogix 5000/Logix Designer. With the possible exception of some very early versions, which might be using the old-style EVRSI activation. But as long as you have an activation running in Rockwell Activation Manager, then yes, you can run v20.03

Try this:

1. Use an operating system with Studio5000 v. 21.03 installed
2. Navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\Studio 5000\Logix Designer\ENU\v21\Bin
3. Find LogixDesigner.exe and Run As Administrator
4. Using the menu system inside Logix, Open the plc file

Ken,

Do 20.03 would need a license?

Because of compatibility and bugs I would suggest upgrading to 20.04 or 20.05. They both will open earlier v20 files without problem and don't have the bugs.

The project in the PLC will not be changed, nor will a firmware update be needed, it just 'corrects' the offline file.

Because of compatibility and bugs I would suggest upgrading to 20.04 or 20.05. They both will open earlier v20 files without problem and don't have the bugs.

The project in the PLC will not be changed, nor will a firmware update be needed, it just 'corrects' the offline file.

Necropost alert