ML 1400 faulted on power cycle

M. Jemai

Hi All,
I have a new Micrologix 1400 [1766-L32BXBA -SER. B -REV.B FRN.11]
I am using RS logix 500 Rev. 8.4 and RSLinks Professional 2.50

I communicate very well via Ethernet/Ip, I download the user program to the machine and return to run mode without any problem, Once I cycle the power supply the CPU goes to fault (Major Error code:001AH), Read through Rockwell manual, shows that is related to a compatibility between the OS and the Program) in same time load the default program
The battery is there

Any one have an explanation for this
Your help is well appreciated

That error code usually means that the program you have loaded is incompatible with the firmware.

Is there a memory module fitted to the controller that might be loading an old program ?

Version 9 of RSLogix 500 and version 12 of the MicroLogix 1400 firmware are both available from Rockwell Automation.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwellautomation/support/plc/micrologix.page

Check to be sure you have not selected a MicroLogix 1400 Series A controller in your user program. The setting will be in the controller choice dialog in the Controller Properties window.

Thanks Ken for your prompt replay,
There is no memory module installed on the Micrologix, and the Processor type selected on the RSLogix 500, Is the correct model
I may need to upgrade the firmware and see, But most likely is some thing to do with the RSLogix rev.
Cheers!

Hi Ken,
I upgraded the OS Firmware to revision 15 [same error]
I use the RSLogix Micro developer [same error]
The ethernet IP address that I setup from local display is not retained in the memory after power cycle, I have to do the same setting after every power cycle which abnormal behavior right ?
The battery is Ok , above 3v
I try to retrieve the PLC details by going online the default program after fault clearing it shows Micrlogix series A in the controller properties and type B on the process status [Prt sc, attached]
Thank You all for your help

status.png processor type.png