My PLC trainer....construction pics

Looks nice, Jim.

I thought you said you were going to do the wiring last night, not the plumbing... ??
Wink.gif

Keep it up!

Paula

Well, Paula, I guess I don't have an excuse !! I went ahead and made the 'stand' as it will make it just a little easier to wire up, with the panel being supported.

Understand, that since I work for a major water treatment corporation, I have an abundance of PVC plumbing parts, so I just used what I had to make the stand. It's very sturdy, non-conductive, and best of all, FREE !!!

Terminal block mounting tonite, and wiring will be at least STARTED !!

Thanks..

Jim

Just a suggestion...

If you have high speed/counter inputs on the little AB, you might want to install a quad encoder with a little crank wheel.

Don't think I haven't thought of that !! Problem is, I'm probably going to be the only one using this thing, and I HATE IT when my sleep time is interrupted !!! hehehe..

Jim

good job

Great looking trainer beerchug
Something you might want to do is put some N.O. little PBs under your toggle switches. Just put them in parallel with the toggle switches. Then you can have the best of both worlds. You`ll see the benefits of this when you start tring to simulate your program and watch it work.

:site:

jdmartin8 said:
Great idea, Tom. Never thought about putting more switches in parallel. And I just happen to have a drawer full of PBs. !!

Not even finished with the wiring and it looks like you're already gonna need a bigger piece of plexiglass... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Eric Nelson said:

Not even finished with the wiring and it looks like you're already gonna need a bigger piece of plexiglass... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Naw......... Plenty of room on the plexi, plenty of switches, plenty of wire, fresh out of energy !!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Federal Horn

Nothing like a nice loud alarm horn.

Should be controlled by a momentary push buton that has a latching circuit in the PLC. Button should be marked "Do Not Push". Works even better when PLC runs of a battery, so the alarm doesn't shut off when you pull out the line cord.

By the time you are done, there will probably be 2 or 3 pieces of plexi glass as "annexes", and 2 or 3 more plc's networked together.

PLEASE do NOT do a traffic light, railroad signals are more fun anyway!

regards.....casey

looks nice

It will be a good idea to install a small Circiut breaker as the main feeder for all the compnents of your panel, Two benfits achived from this:
1- protection.
2- a manual switch for conneting/disconnecting the power.

Last edited:
Ayman,

I have already installed a fuse for the 120VAC, and another for the 24VDC. The E-Stop is wired to remove all 120VAC when activated. I know that this is not the 'field' way to wire the E-Stop, but I believe it will suffice for a trainer.

thanks...

Jim