configuring a dp/dp coupler

clever

hello please help with configuring a dp/dp coupler on s7 plc. when one network is connected to the coulper there is no fault and the node address is available ( checked with profitrace tool) but as soon as i plug in the second network the bus fault light comes on for both networks and the network to be plugged in has a flashing bus fault light. diagnosis via the hardware config in step 7 tells me there is an error stating:

expected type and current type not the same

now i have checked the part numbers are correct, dip switches are set correctly, tried various things, a brand new coupler but still no luck please help...under pressure now to fix and have contacted seimens but they gave mee no help at all

You must configure the DP/DP coupler in the hardwareconfiguration for both plc's. The input area on on should be the outputarea on the other plc. The lengths of the inputs and outputs area must match on both plc's. If you change the busadress and use the switches you need to power on and off.

If you have 8 bytes input first in the hw config in one plc you should have 8 bytes outputs first in the HW congfig on the other plc. Try to turn off the Dia switches and make sure that the PS swithces matches the voltage feed.

Last edited:
hey mate thanks for the reply but i have done everything u suggested and still nothing. everytime i change something i power down and reboot the coupler, inputs and outputs are opposite for both sides of the coupler, they are both configured under both masters. it seems if i plug in network 1 there is no fault till i plug in network two....also if i plug in network two first there is no fault till i plug in network one, so its not a problem with an individual side of the coupler
????

It seems like there is something wrong with the configuration. If it fails when it starts to transfer data

Double check that you have used the correct gsd file (Firmware)?

You could also try to configure with only one byte in in one end and one byte out in the other.

Bratt is right. I've had the same problem once. When the configurations from both sides don't match it will produce a busfault, but only when both sides are plugged in. Check the hwconfig of the DP/DP coupler on both sides and make sure that:
- in each slot there is an output in one end where there is an input in the other and v.v.
- make sure the lengths in each slot is the same
- make sure you don't mix consistent with non-consistent

i have two satation 416-2F,and two DP/DP coupler,each station connect to DP/DP coupler and two DP/DP coupler connect to each other.
the first Dp/dp coupler which connect to Sation 416-2F have aderss (4,4) and th other whcich connect the other station have adress(4,3).
the problem in dp/dp cuopler is SF1,SF2 appear.
the configuration iam sure is corecct
thank you
Hussien zaid

i have two satation 416-2F,and two DP/DP coupler,each station connect to DP/DP coupler and two DP/DP coupler connect to each other.
the first Dp/dp coupler which connect to Sation 416-2F have aderss (4,4) and th other whcich connect the other station have adress(4,3).
thank you
Hussien zaid
thank you
Hussien zaid

yes this way

plc---dp/dp---plc

plc---dp/ is first network

/dp---plc is second network

both dp:s are slaves on their networks

both i/o:s overlap:

pqw xxx in network one is piw yyy in second network

pqw zzz in network two is piw ttt in first network

you must make sure you configure i/o of same lenght in both networks

Hello, im having trouble with a DP/DP module as well.

Im just turning the DP/DP module on and im already having the 4 SF1,SF2,SB1,SB2 leds ON. I already doublechecked the wire, doublechecked the PS, HW Configuration, all regarding DP/DP module instalation... However, i still dont have my DP Network 1 linked in its HW Configuration.
Are this faults related to that issue?
do i need the network 1 be plugged and mapped in my network 1 hardware configuration network?
Is the gsd file SI018070.GSx correct? Diagnosis message in my plc says that he is expecting another version or hardware type and that cant see the module at all via bus.
Tnx

The red diagnostic leds will go off and green run leds will go on if both sides of the DP/DP coupler are configured, connected and running.

Do you have Siemens S7 as master on both sides, or non-Siemens master on one or both sides ?

Thank you, NVM i just downloaded the HW again, and reconectect the PB connectors and its running, i dunno how i solved it.
I was having Diagnostic LED's all ON, there was no way i could turn them off.
i thought it was a firmware issue or just a bad dp/dp coupler.
Thank you,
Btw, i am with S7 Master in both sides.