How to change screen saver on PanelView Plus 400

mroyce09

Hi. I have a used PanelView Plus 400 that already has a custom screen saver on it and I'm looking to change the screen saver I was reading the Changing the Screen Saver Bitmap document and have a few questions:

"Create a file on a desktop or laptop computer named autorun.bat. In the file place the following three lines (place the name of the custom bitmap in the place of “oem.bmp”):

copy \"Storage Card2"\oem.bmp \Windows\ssfloat.bmp
copy \"Storage Card2"\oem.bmp \"Storage Card"\Windows\ssfloat.bmp
pause"

1) Is the autorun.bat file created using notepad?
2) How do I determine what the name of the custom screen saver is? I'm assuming it is not ssfloat.bmp.
3) Is "Storage Card2" the name of the compact flash card?

Thanks!

1) Is the autorun.bat file created using notepad ?

Yes

2) How do I determine what the name of the custom screen saver is? I'm assuming it is not ssfloat.bmp.

In the example shown 'oem.bmp' is the name of the screensaver file. It can be any name. It is copied from the compact flash into the Panelview as 'ssfloat.bmp'.

3) Is "Storage Card2" the name of the compact flash card?

Yes

Be sure to note the dimensions of your screen in pixels and create the .bmp file as the same dimensions.

Last edited: