RSLogix 5000 Version

SCAN.PLC

Hi EveryBody,

I have Rslogix5000 Installed in my notebook with SP2.
When I create a project in it it allows me to choosed major revsion 11 to 15 .but it does not allow to select the minor revsion .It automatically selects the minor revsion as 15.03.
15.03 has a bug in it and rockwell suggest to chage the revsion to 15.06.
But i software does not allow me to choose the revsion .
I want to develop the project with revsion 15.06.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Upgrade support

Do you have the service contract TechConnect with Rockwell. You should be able to download the latest version from there site, or have an upgrade DVD sent to you.

I do not have upgrade cd with me.
i have the RSlogix5000 versions in dvd up to version 15.
I recieved this DVD in march i remeber.
If i downlad version 16 will it allow me to create project in version 15.05 ?

SCAN.PLC said:
I do not have upgrade cd with me.
i have the RSlogix5000 versions in dvd up to version 15.
I recieved this DVD in march i remeber.
If i downlad version 16 will it allow me to create project in version 15.05 ?

No. If you download the latest V15 it will be 15.05.

Are you sure that Logix5K (the develpment environment) has a bug? Or does the processor firmware have a bug?

If it is the processor I have never had Logix5K get upset about a minor rev mismatch with the processor. I would download the processor firmware for the processor you need and install it in the processor. Develop the program in Logix selecting major rev 15 and don't worry about which minor rev comes up.

Keith

You are confusing the revision of the controller with the revision of the editing software. The current releases of the editing software (which includes the compiler) in English are versions 15.02 and 16.03.

When you perform a download, you only get that version. When you install from DVD, you get an option to install all versions of the compiler.

The firmware is a different issue. Since you are concerned about a "15.03" bug, you're probably talking about the 1756-L55 controllers and the memory checksum bug that existed in firmware revision 15.03. Those controllers can be upgraded to the current firmware levels of 15.05 and 16.20.

Read carefully through the release notes for version 16.20 and you'll see that RA finally harmonized the version numbers for all the controllers.

http://support.rockwellautomation.com/controlflash/FirmwareFiles/1756-RN016C-EN-E.pdf

Don't panic

As Keith & Ken have indicated, the minor rev shown for the processor is not significant when you're starting a new project.
Once you download to the processor and go on-line, you will see the actual minor rev of the processor, and, in the case of the L55, any additional memory module that is installed.
If you save while on-line, that info will be saved as well.

Yes i was under the impression of selcting the correct version of software that matches to firmware of controller.
so i was keen at minor revsions of software which was not allowing me to create project with v15.04 .
I understood now it is only version 15 that i should look in to while creating a project irrespective of the processor firmware which can be at nay minor revison .i.e v15.xx

here i have one more thing to look in.i have new processor which has no firmware in it.to download the firmware 15.05 should i first download the revison 12 and then download revison 15.05.

i have read it in
publication number 1756-RN620, which says controllers with revison 11 or ealier should follow above method.
is it applicable for new processor without firmware in it ?

New processors with boot-only firmware in them can be loaded directly with the intended runtime firmware. I regularly load v15 and v16 directly onto new controllers.