Mitsubishi with Profibus.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all.

I have an older plant with a Mitsubishi PLC that we need to convert to Siemens S7.
In the old plant there is used a Sartorius weigh scale system that communicates with the Mitsubishi PLC via Profibus DP. According to the Sartorious manual, there are several possible configuration modes, each with a varying number of bytes that are transferred via DP.
Now how can I know how many bytes are configured in the existing system ? I want to replicate it in S7 exactly as it was in the old Mitsubishi PLC. I want to avoid making changes.

It seems there is a "GX Configurator DP" software for configuring the Mitsubishi DP module.
Problem is, the local electrician who maintain the plant only have an older "ActWin" software.
He dont have "GX Configurator" or "GX Developer" for that matter.
He dont know where or how the profibus configuration is setup.

Questions:
Did there exist a Mitsubishi Profibus software previous to "GX Configurator DP" ?
Is there a DP configuration within ActWin, or a tool that came with ActWin ?

And it appears that the Profibus software for Hitachi PLCs is called "Sycon". This the local electrician also do not have.

I shall have to try and find the original programmer for the old plant. The chance for that is 10% max.

Not sure.
I googled Hitachi and Profibus, and found this:
http://www.hitachi-ds.com/hitachi-ds/en/Products/Automation/Software/Profibus-DP-configurator.html

I wouldnt be surprised if Hitachi's Profibus interface is from a 3rd party like Hilscher. But there is no products for Hitachi listed on Hilschers website.

So it could be 2 different products with the same name.

There's no ABB listed also and they use sycon.net as profibus configurator for AC500 (maybe others too).

I have used Sycon from Hilsher for Profibus and Telemechanique for CanOpen in the past - Visually the software is identical just rebranded.

the Profibus GSD i used mentioned HMS and i recall Anybus mentioned in the CanOpen documentation.

i have come across HMS cards in all sorts of devices.

http://www.hms.se/

It may be worth contacting them?